CALL FOR PAPERS
Faculty of Humanities in cooperation with Faculty of Public Health of Airlangga University will hold its 3rd International Conference. The main theme of the 2012 conference is “Urban Mobility: Its Impacts on Socio-Cultural and Health Issues”. The conference seeks to bring analysis in the field of humanities and health sciences to explore and redefine social relationships, religious identities, gender identities, social norms, and health issues in urban societies characterized by rapid pace of changes.
The general objective of this international conference is to understand moving urban societies from multidisciplinary perspectives. Specifically, the objectives of the conference are:
- to provide a forum for sharing and learning ideas, developments, and research findings on socio-cultural and health issues in the domain of urban studies.
- to capture mobile societies more comprehensively. As this will be an interdisciplinary conference, the phenomena of these moving societies will be analyzed from different perspectives, such as from the perspectives of Cultural Studies, Literature, History, Sociology, Law, Psychology, Medicine, Public Health and others.
- to redefine social relationships, religious identities, gender identities, and social norms of urban societies from multidisciplinary perspectives.
- to build a collaborative partnership among universities, so that the issues which become the concerns of this conference can be discussed more elaborately.
MAIN AND SUB-THEMES
The main theme of the conference is “Urban Mobility: Its Impacts on Socio-cultural and Health Sciences”. The program committee welcomes original contributions on the following sub-themes:
- shifting gender and sexual identities
- urban mobility and language variations
- language and social changes
- urban communities and popular cultures
- health and life styles in urban societies
- diseases in moving societies
- eco awareness in urban societies
- local traditions in urbanized societies
- literatures, languages, and identities in cyber societies
- religious practices in urbanized societies
- urban space and economy
7-8 December 2012
Kantor Manajemen Universitas Airlangga (The Management Building of Universitas Airlangga)
Campus C, Jalan Mulyorejo
Surabaya – INDONESIA
Associate Prof. Catherine Driscoll (The University of Sydney, Australia), Constance Kampf, PhD (Aarhus University, Denmark), Associate Prof. Goh Beng Lan (National University of Singapore), Deny Arnos Kwary, PhD (Universitas Airlangga, Indonesia), Manneke Budiman, PhD (University of Indonesia), Dr. Purnawan Basundoro (Universitas Airlangga, Indonesia), Dr. Rahmat Hargono (Universitas Airlangga), Prof. Wan Zawawi Ibrahim (Universiti Brunei Darussalam)
Deadline for abstract: 20 July 2012
Notification for selected abstracts: 3 August 2012
Deadline for full papers: 5 October 2012
Please send your abstract (no more than 350 words) and a short bio-note to: email@example.com
For further information, please visit our website: www.fib.unair.ac.id/urbanmobility2012